Saturday, November 23, 2013

Lazy? Not so much, just overwhelmed!

I debated changing the name of this blog to: Confessions of an overwhelmed Mommy/Violinist/Teacher/Housekeeper/Wife/Runner/Yoga Enthusiast/Fair-Weather Vegan/Sister/Daughter/Friend.  But you know, it just didn't have the right ring to it.  I would no longer describe myself as a lazy violinist.  I am anything but lazy.  I am running running running all the time.  Changing diapers, wiping noses, nursing, cleaning, dishes, cooking dinner, teaching my students, spending a few spare minutes with my husband, or practicing, or exercising, I have no time to be lazy!  If I have a chance to practice, it better be good practice, because I don't have time to mess around!  Today, I took advantage of a few happy-baby minutes to do some metronome work.  I recently started looking at Paganini's 16th Caprice.  Today I worked it up from quarter=60-76.  As you can hear, it is far from perfect.  It gets dicey especially near the end.  Here are some happy baby moments.

http://youtu.be/117ulWePg2A




No comments:

Post a Comment